Child Safety Net System
What Would Happen to Your Kids if the Unthinkable Happened to You?
Did you know that guardianship selection in a Will only applies after you die? And after someone finds your Will…
How long will your children have to wait with the wrong person before the paperwork is sorted out?
The Child Safety Net System™️ was created by the founding attorney at Fine Point Law, Roxanne Olson. As a mother of two, Roxanne saw that traditional estate planning leaves a serious gap when it comes to protecting young children.
Here’s what occurs without proper planning if the unthinkable happens to you:
1. Your children could be placed into Child ProtectiveServices (CPS) even if you have a will or a living trust in place.
2. A Judge who doesn’t know you or your family may decide who will raise your children, even if it’s the last person you would choose;
3. Approximately 5% of the total value of your assets could be lost due to probate, a court process that can tie up your assets for months or years and deprive your children of the resources they need to live comfortably;
4. When your children turn 18, they would get a check for whatever assets are left;
5. Your children could lose their inheritance to unscrupulous people who make it their business to review public records to find out which 18 year olds are coming into money.
The vast majority of estate planning attorneys do not address all of these issues, and do not plan from a parent’s perspective.
It’s included, period.
All of our estate plans are flat fee. No surprises. Our proprietary Child Safety Net System is included in even our most basic estate plan package because your child is our top priority.
Estate Planning with us starts with a
Not ready for a Legacy Planning Session? Watch our FREE WEBINAR made especially for parents of minor children on how to best protect them and your assets from taxes, scammers, bankruptsy, and much more.
The Child Safety Net System™️ sets your child up for immediate care taking if you are suddenly unavailable for any reason.
Every guardian has their paperwork ready.
Every babysitter has a list of people to call.
Wallet cards and notices in your glovebox for emergency personnel to find easily.
Legal documentation for trusted neighbors and friends to care for your child immediately.
Proprietary legal documents include required language for the school and medical system.
We’re a different type of law firm.
We’ve dedicated our life’s work to make sure every child has a safety net to fall back on.
That’s why we include our proprietary Child Safety Net System with every estate plan we do for families with young children.