Personal Counsel Membership Plans
WILLS * TRUSTS * ESTATES
Protect your family and your legacy.
Whether you need a simple will or an entire living trust package, we will help you design your legacy.
So many law firms just create a few documents and send you on your way with a pretty binder. Everyday people die with estate plans that were never fully funded or kept up with the changing laws because their lawyer had not kept in touch with them and left them to believe that the dusty binder on the shelf was all they needed. We've worked hard to actively care for our clients, keep up with the changes in their lives and the changes in the law. Your legacy and family are important to us.
This is why we created a specialized approach to estate planning. First off, we charge a flat fee for your initial, fully customized estate planning package. We want you to rest assured that you won't have surprise fees and costs. Everyone who completes their estate planning with us has the option to enroll in our Personal Estate Counsel membership plan.
Comprehensive Estate Planning
With Flat Fee
- We craft an estate plan that works for you.
- Ensure your assets are owned in a way that best minimizes probate costs, taxes, and liability.
- Unlimited consultations to explain the terms of your estate plan documents.
- A letter to your successor trustee to explain what is expected of him or her.
- Structure your Child Safety Net System and/or your Inner Circle to protect you and your children in an emergency.
- Free review of your estate plan every three years.
If you have a change in family or finances, it's up to you to reach out to us in order that your documents need to be updated. If you join one of our membership tiers we will reach out to you on a regular basis and make sure that your plan is current.
(For families with a more straightforward set of assets.)
Everything in Tier I plus:
- Members only priority email address for quick questions and referrals.
- One family or trustee meeting after initial formation to explain the terms of your estate plan. $350+ value.
- Check-in from us to update changes in your life that might affect your estate plan. $350+ value.
- Minor amendments. (One page.) Unlimited value.
- We update your Child Safety Net System and/or Inner Circle . $350 value
- Free review of one estate plan belonging to a friend or relative. $750-$950 value.
- Access to our extensive bank of legal documents in our virtual office with a 10% Member Discount.
Post Death Benefits
- Meeting with executor and/or successor trustee to explain the terms of the trust.
- Discount on trust administration services.
(For families with more complicated assets.)
Everything in Tiers I and II plus:
- Funding of up to three assets per year to the entity of your choice (a trust, LLC or Corp). Unlimited value.
- Unlimited amendments to your estate plan, including change of beneficiaries. (Up to three pages, Full restatements not included.)
- Review of one contract prior to signing. (Up to ten pages, one per quarter.) $1000+ value.
- A letter from our office to a third party to help you resolve a dispute (such as a cease and desist letter). $800+ value.
- Collaboration and check-in with up to three advisors, such as your CPA, financial advisor, and insurance broker. Unlimited value.
Memberships are eligible for one time annual benefits after six months, if paid monthly or immediately if paid annually.
Prices subject to change.
How does the subscription billing work?
Subscription billing helps you avoid suprise bills. We invoice a flat monthly fee and complete the work within the projected timeline. Say goodbye to hourly billing! The monthly fee reserves time in our calandar for your legal needs so it is considered earned upon receipt and you aren't charged minute by minute.
How soon will I be able to become a subscription client?
Estate planning clients who completed their estate plan with us are automatically eligible. If you completed your estate plan with a different attorney please give us a call to see if we are a fit.
What if I need a customized subscription?
The subscriptions listed on this site can be modified to fit your situation. Let's schedule a call to chat about your particular needs.
What if I need additional services above what's included in the subscription?
If you have additional needs for services that fall outside of your subscription, you can add a short-term legal project for a flat fee. At any point during the engagement, you can upgrade your subscription to the next tier.
How long is the commitment?
All of our subscriptions are on a month-to-month basis. You may cancel your subscription at any time. If we find that you are not a fit for our firm we will cancel your subscription.
What if my needs change during the course of the subscription?
We proactively review your subscription usage and, if needed, address changes quarterly. If your needs increase or decrease, we will restructure the subscription to fit your personal needs, including suggesting returning to only flat-rate projects, when appropriate.