Roxanne Sher Olson
Roxanne’s background in estate planning, business law, family law, and real property law gives her clients unique access to cross-disciplinary insight. Law is divided into disciplines, but life is not. If you are married you need your estate plan to be drafted in a way that takes family law into consideration. If you are selling your home or your business you need an attorney that will alert you when decisions you make affect your family agreements or your living trust. Roxanne is warm, smart (she graduated magna cum laude, top 7 percent of her law school class!), and she's been around the bend --you wont be able to shock her. She will see through the chaos and help you form a legal strategy that works.
Roxanne lives in Santa Cruz, California with her husband, two boys, and a mini-goldendoodle named Copper. They moved there for the easy access to surfing and mountain biking (so now you know where she is when the office is closed and why her hair is often wet!) Previously, Roxanne had her law practice in southern Humboldt County. She enjoys music festivals and was the corporate counsel for Reggae on the River for many years.
- Member: Santa Cruz Women Lawyers Association
- Member: Santa Cruz Estate Planning Council
- Member: California Bar Association
- Member: Santa Cruz Bar Association
- Member: California Bar Association Solo & Small Firm Section
- Member: California Bar Association Trust & Estates Section
- Member: Santa Cruz Women in Business & Networking
- Graduated law school with magna cum laude honors (Top 7%)(2003)
- Master’s Degree in International Policy, graduating again at the top of her class (2004)
- Sustainable Development Law & Policy Articles Editor (2003)
- Godsey Award (2002)
- Salutatorian (1994)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1998)
- Founding President of American University’s Consumer Protection Student Association (2001)
- Roscoe Hogan Environmental Law Essay Award (2002)
- Myers Society Award (2002)
- Certified Mediator
- Trained Collaborative Practice Attorney
Attorney at Law
Brenna is the associate attorney of Fine Point Law. With a paralegal background in criminal defense and family law, she went on to graduate from the Monterey College of Law and found her calling in estate planning. After experiencing the loss of her sweetheart several years ago, and the legal strife that follows an already difficult time, she has dedicated herself to helping others keep their ducks in a row so they can to enjoy living in the moment. She offers skilled and quality groundwork for clients, as well as assisting the firm in promoting preventative law that avoids litigation.
Brenna grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains, moved to San Luis Obispo for her undergraduate degree, then spread her wings around the world for some time before settling back in her hometown. She now lives in Santa Cruz, is the dog mom of a trouble-making terrier mix from the local shelter, and is also an avid surfer. She and Roxanne met at the dog beach, quickly connected, and are enjoying teaming up to build a helpful and innovative law firm in the community.
- Monterey College of Law
Juris Doctorate; 2015.
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
B.S. in Social Sciences with a minor in Environmental Legal Studies; 2009.
- National Lawyers Guild
Executive Board Member, Bay Area Chapter; 2013 - 2014
- Certified Community Mediator
- Certified Divorce Mediator